Wednesday, December 3, 2008

India awakening: Unprecedented protests rock the nation

While I wrtite this article my eyes are still moist with tears-tears of joy,of hope and of unbound satisfaction as we just noticed an unprecedented form of protest in the cities of India to show solidarity against terrorism, against government non-action and for a positive change to ensure safety and security of every Indian.I still can't believe what I just witnessed-hundreds of thousands of people from all the sections of the society are coming together with thousands of banners,shouting slogans of unity.I truly beleive that this is the defining moment of our democracy,of our nationhood.After decades of negligence by the crooked politicians finally real India has woken up.And trust me this is not going to end soon.The flames of fury of the masses can't be extinguished with empty promises this time.India wants results at any cost.Emotions flew high in all the rallys be it Mumbai,Delhi,Bangalore or Hyderabad.A group of muslims taking a morcha asking the Government to declare Pakistan a 'rogue state',a 10 year old kid calling the Kerala CM a 'dog',well off corporate guys asking for war,college girls shouting "Hai hai Pakistan" slogan,senior citizens asking the youth to lead the movement;boy,oh,boy,never ever in my life the thought of being an Indian gave me such confidence and self belief as I am feeling now.And hats off to the media.Be it Times,CNN,NDTV,Zee or any other news channel-everyone came in support of the protests and this time portraying the events in the true spirit of journalism-without prejudice, bias or unnecessary emotions.Thanks to the India Inc. for extending hand of cooperation to the commonners making them feel they are not alone in this battle.I would sign off with a gentleman's comment broadcasted in Times Now-"Thanks to the terrorists for awakening a nation that has been sleeping over the years". Jai Hind.

No comments: